GAYANA is a scientific journal published by Universidad de Concepción, Chile. It is the modern version of Gayana Oceanología and Gayana Zoología. Therefore its numeration starts at volume 63(1).
GAYANA covers all aspects of zoology and oceanographic research. It is structured in five sections, defined by subject or discipline. These are: Ecology, Biodiversity and Taxonomy, Earth Sciences, Evolutionary and Applied Biology and Environmental Biology. Each section is in charge of an editor who receives and manages the manuscripts sent for evaluation in close collaboration with the editorial board.
GAYANA receives contributions in the following formats: original article, review, scientific note, editorial comment, book comment, communication of scientific events and obituaries. Manuscripts are accepted in English or Spanish although the use of the English language is encouraged.
GAYANA is indexed at THOMSON/REUTER (ISI) and Scientific Electronic Library Online (SciELO) systems among others.
GAYANA is indexed in:
- THOMSON/REUTERS (ISI)
- SciELO (http://www.scielo.cl/gayana)
- BULLETIN SIGNALETIQUE (Abstracts, CNRS, Francia)
- PASCAL FOLIO (Abstracts, CNRS, Francia)
- PERIODICA (Index Latinoamericano, México)
- MSCT, Marine Sciences Content Tables (Index, FAO)
- BIOSIS con todos sus abstracts:
- BIOLOGICAL ABSTRACTS
- ENTOMOLOGICAL ABSTRACTS
- ZOOLOGICAL RECORDS
- ULRIK`S INTERNATIONAL PERIODICALS DIRECTORY
WoS Impact Factor: 0.553